Après être remontée de lien en lien à la source, voilà mes réponses. Vue la taille du questionnaire, ça sera en anglais.
1. Favorite childhood book?
The Neverending Story by Michael Ende
2. What are you reading right now?
When Twilight Burns by Colleen Gleason
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
Town library won’t open till the end of the year so none. Maybe next year I’ll be able to answer this question.
4. Bad book habit?
Hmm. I keep every book I buy. Even the ones I disliked.
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
6. Do you have an e-reader?
I do. A Sony PRS-505.
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
I prefer reading one book at a time except if I’m suddendly not in the mood to read this specific book anymore. Then I can postpone for week before finishing it.
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
I’m taking notes while I’m reading to keep track of everything: quotes, quick thoughts, impressions… It helps me not to forget to mention important things in the review.
9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
Shiver de Maggie Stiefvater
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
Lover Mine by JR Ward, Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
No often. A bit of Science Fiction here and there. Some essays too.
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
At the moment: Urban Fantasy
13. Can you read on the bus?
No. I get sick if I read on the bus or in a car.
14. Favorite place to read?
On the heater in the kitchen in Winter, in a chair under the sun in Summer.
15. What is your policy on book lending?
That’s almost impossible. I don’t trust people with my books.
16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
18. Not even with text books?
I use Bristol boards to take notes.
19. What is your favorite language to read in?
Right now, English except if it’s really too difficult then I’ll switch to French. And except if the author is French of course.
20. What makes you love a book?
The pace, the story, the characters.
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
If I really liked it and I sense it may interest someone else, then I’ll start advertising.
22. Favorite genre?
Urban Fantasy obviously.
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
Science Fiction because half the books in this house are SciFi and sometimes I get curious.
24. Perhaps a random contemporary romance. Favorite biography?
I barely read one (or two). My mind needs to travel far far away.
25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
Of course, but only by bits.
26. Favorite cookbook?
Mon livre de cuisine by Ginette Mathiot.
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
None that I can remember so mustn’t be very inspirational.
28. Favorite reading snack?
Nothing but I drink tea.
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
Twilight was very « much ado about nothing ». Hype didn’t ruined it but I still don’t understand the fuss.
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
I don’t know. It depends.
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I don’t let others influence my reviews. If I don’t like a book, I just write it, even if it makes me feel very alone sometimes.
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
Other than English, Japanese.
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
I’ll have to think about this one. Hmm wait… maybe the last time I reread Lestat and the Queen of the Damned. After 15 years or so since I read them for the first time, my perception was so different and it really blew me away like it was actually my first time reading them.
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
Any book by Truman Capote. He’s such a great author that I really want to be in the perfect mood to honor his work.
35. Favorite Poet?
I don’t get poetry.
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
38. Favorite fictional character?
Athos from the Three Musketeers.
39. Favorite fictional villain?
The killer in the second Dexter novel. Not my favorite but he was seriously twisted.
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
Anything I’m in the mood for.
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
Months when I was too absorbed by movies. But it’s been a while.
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
The Neuromencer by William Gibson.
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
Noise, people talking, TV.
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
Lord of the Rings.
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
The Da Vinci Code. How can it be worse than the book!
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
Honestly, I don’t remember.
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
Never. I don’t want to be accidentally spoiled.
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
If I start reading the same sentences again and again and my mind keep thinking of something else.
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
I kinda lack of room right now so my vertical piles are organized by genre and language.
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
I keep everything.
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
Pure romance. It’s like Twilight and poetry, I don’t get romance.
52. Name a book that made you angry.
Bullet by Laurell K. Hamilton.
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
It’s mostly the other way around.
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. People were saying really good things about it. I was full of hope.
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
Anything with Cat & Bones, the characters from the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost.
36 15 code qui n’en veut. Je ne vais pas avoir beaucoup de succès avec celui-là je sens 😀
3 commentaires pour “55 Quirky Questions for Readers”
Bah si moi j’aime bien en apprendre plus sur toi, c’est avec un grand plaisir que je vois que tu es fan d’Athos et que la poésie c’est pas ton truc, lol!
ben c’était très intéressant mais long … t’a du t’amuser à répondre ^^ j’aurai même pas le courage de le faire lol.
Je suis arrivée à la fin plus vite que je ne pensais. Tu devrais le tenter 😉
Les commentaires sont fermés.